23 November 2011

waiting waiting

A niggle here and a niggle there and I can’t help but think is this it! But they are just niggles so far. I am still glad to have them! Something is going on. Keep at it! How does the tiny one know when to start the process? This is a mystery. Did you know when babies are being born they kind of help buy kicking/pushing against the top of your uterus with their feet. So helpful at such a young age. 

At the moment the baby is so self-contained and happy, being fed and rocked at all times. Gravity is no issue for her, lying there upside down, wriggling away on some of my bones. She is all developed and is currently just adding fat that will be useful for when she is born and will have to learn how to feed. 

So here I am waiting for this wee girl to decide when to come into the world. It is the beginning of a lifetime of it not being all about me. I have been trying to learn this for a while but I think that the tiny mewling, fragile infant may be another steep learning curve on that road!

Cam and I (and friends and family) are back to the “I just can’t wait to meet you” phase and that is pretty lovely! What will she look like? How heavy will she be? Does all that squirming now mean anything for her personality? Wait and see, wait and see. Not long now?!

Here is a video of the squirming and my dashing husband’s squeals.

Here is a photo of the baby visibly making her way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!