05 October 2013

nighttime is the righttime, for sleeping

I keep going to write a post about sleeping... Such a vital topic to me and any other mama with a wee baby, but so dull at the same time. She sleeps well she doesn't sleep well. Yada yada yada.


All the same... One wake up last night; Hallelujah!! Two and three nights ago, 4 wake ups!! I hardly knew that was possible with Ada. Olive was not feeding during the day and having to make up for it at night. Why is it that more sleep initially means more tired? Happens every time. I feel like a train has hit me today. 

Weeks ago I wrote this (at least we have improved from here, I think)... 
As I write this it is 3.09am. I'm wide awake and Olive seems to be too. Ah the joys of motherhood. Olive had her longest sleep that she has had in a few nights before waking at 2am tonight. However when we could have been enjoying that long sleep Ada woke up in the middle of it. Lately we have been asleep about 10pm with Olive waking at 11pm. Le sigh.

With Ada we had a full routine with a nightly bath and a set bedtime. The dream feed worked well and she slept from 7pm till 2 or 3am and even through till morning a few times by the time she was 12 weeks old. When I dream feed Olive she wakes up two hours later for more. But the enticement of a much longer sleep makes me keep trying it. 
...
Yada yada yada. 
...
Ah sleep, you mysterious beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!