14 February 2014

they don't call them terrible twos for nothing

"Hi mummy, hi!"

Hmm what to say, what to say. Ada is doing exactly what a two year old is supposed to do. Each day is filled with so many examples of her doing these three things:

1. Expressing her opinion

2. Mastering the art of doing things for herself

3. Finding the boundaries

When she does them in a positive way it is crazy adorable ("I love it", referring to BBQ chicken or a pink ice block. "My do it myself!"). When she does these things in a negative way it can really wear away at my patience and my general good cheer. Then it can make me mad! Angry! Cross! So unbelieveably frustrated! We are using some time out for when Ada's behaviour is unacceptable. This is almost exclusively when she purposely pushes or throws things at Olive. She shows no remorse! In fact Ada barely shows any motive for these actions, she just blank face does them. After a minute of time out we have a chat about it, then Ada apologises then looks like she will do it again pretty much immediately and so I make sure they are playing in different areas. Not easy with miss mobile 7 months.

Who else uses time out to discipline their children? Any tips? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!