20 October 2011

nesting


I am nesting about the house like a possessed person, cleaning the doors anyone? What about window sills, skirting board, cupboard and drawer interiors!? Dusting! Has anyone else avoided dusting their whole life? How do you dust? I am going about with soft wet cloth. I don’t want to just move the dust with some wafft stick with feathers. This house seems unreasonably dusty, am I molting skin excessively? I say dusting is the lamest chore.
So you may be able to guess that I haven’t been working a lot so I have been getting things sorted. The baby room has been our crammed storage cupboard and under constant revision since we moved in. Slowly things are tidied and organized, all the pens and rulers in one place for example. Revolutionary. A few boxes of books have been carted back to Cam’s folks place to wait for our next house, the one with a library (and fireplace with a rug).

This week is the deadline for ‘have things ready a month early’. I do like planning and preparation so that sounds like a smart idea to me. This was recommended to me in Oh Baby by Kathy Fray. I highly recommend it. She writes a down to earth account of being heavily pregnant, labour and the first year or so of motherhood.

So this week the plan is to:
  • reorganize the spare room
  • store surfboards in the neighbours garage
  • pack the hospital bag
  • wait, must decide on hospital vs birthing unit once and for all
  • put up the bassinet
  • make up the bassinet with sheets and things
  • try out the car seat


Sound like fun to you? I’m loving it, however the reality of a tiny infant coming home from the hospital in that outfit, packed in that hospital bag, in that car seat, to sleep in that bassinet is kinda starting to sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!