25 January 2012

lovely moments


When Cam and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary last Tuesday. Woohoo! Our present to each other was an evening out alone. It was such a treat to go to Secret Thai Garden in Otahuhu, South Auckland's finest thank you. Thank you to Aunty Jo for babysitting.

When watching Frozen Planet I confess to Cam that I love baby animals way more than I used to. How lovely is it that Cam said he loves them more now too?! I am not really an animal person and don't think I have ever been so enraptured by baby animals.  While watching the polar bear cubs I find their floppy bumbles in the snow similar to Ada's kicks and squiggles.  Sooooo cute!  I am ridiculous. This also happened watching mummy and daddy FISH. I love Attenborough, a lot. 




When Ada slept through to 6am on Friday! Amazing! We eagerly await the next installment. Sleep is a truly lovely moment.
When Ada propels herself forward pushing with her feet against my hand while lying on her tummy. She looks so pleased with herself and can travel some centimetres.

When Ada sings along with me in the mornings. She is really into the cooing and the throaty sounds, it will be so fun when she uses words!

When Ada had the widest eyes at our first trip to the supermarket, taking it all in from her view in the front pack before giving in to sleep half an hour later.  She really seems to love new things. I was so relieved that she enjoyed it and I could replenish the pantry again after 7 weeks.
When the Plunket nurse came to visit on Monday, Ada is 2.5kg heavier and 6 cm longer than at birth, not bad at 8 weeks old. The loveliest moment was when she fussed I lifted her up and down in this way she has always liked and elicited her first giggles. Best sound ever. This photo is a month ago. Evidence of her growing fast!


When she smiles and coos at her mobile, these magical musical underwater pals circling above her. I have to remind myself not to be jealous of it's powers to entertain her. I have placed her underneath it with tears in her eyes and a grizzle in progress and she has stopped  to enjoy it. Her glistening eyes smiling back at a smiling octopus in a bow tie or a dolphin in a sailor hat, that is a particularly lovely moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!