22 January 2012

predictable


So motherhood does irrevocably change you. 

There are those clichés about not understanding this until it happens to you and it is true. I have come out of the first month haze. Yay! But this means less adrenaline sadly, so I am feeling a bit tired. I am also feeling a bit boring. All along I have been aware of how my mind has become rather singularly focused on baby things. Practically speaking this is a good thing, as you can see Ada is not only surviving, she is thriving.

When I receive email about baby developments and potential mommy issues updates I read them all because they apply so much to me in that very moment. Oh how I love to learn. However, I still want to be interesting to others but I am afraid I have forgotten how. I am socially aware enough to ask people lots of questions but in terms of holding up my end of the conversation I feel a bit flat. I am still not able to concentrate on a book or a newspaper. O dear! Does this get better?  
Here is Ada requesting a fist bump.

This week I learnt a lot about octopuses (that is a real word) and I am a little obsessed with them. A topic unrelated to babies that is holding my interest! Here is something to whet your appetite… The male pillow octopus is a few centimetres long and 40000 times smaller than the female. When he finds a lady he breaks of his special sex tentacle and gives it to her, she then stores it in her mantle for later use. The lucky gent then dies a slow death after this. Oh, and this tiny guy uses man o war tentacles to defend himself. Um, amazing. 
I also highly recommend the show, Beauty and the Geek. You will fall in love with both the earnest beauties and geeks. Many laughs to be had at the beauties ditzy comments and the geeks witty self-depreciating quips. Dreamy.
Ok that is all.
 Who wouldn't obsess over that face? Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!