10 July 2012

Ada and I clash skintones!


This week I have managed to change the colour of Ada’s skin, twice. Motherhood fail. On Sunday the sun was shining in the most glorious way and when Ada woke up Cam and I went for a stroll with her in the front pack. We don’t use the front pack as much as we used to and she loves it! So-much-fun. Unfortunately the strength of the NZ sun at 2.30pm on a winter’s day was no match for her brand new baby skin. Ada has had her first sunburn. Not a milestone I was intending to celebrate.

Also this week in photos of the two of us I have noticed that our skin clashes! In winter I resort to wearing some dark tones that I don’t suit that well and I look all rosy and pale (ruddy and washed out?!). Ada on the other hand has been eating pumpkin and carrot at most lunches/dinners for the past week or more and although she is more olive than me now she has a slightly orange hue. As an adult your palms change colour with a lot of beta-carotene but it seems my babies nose has got the bulk of the colour effect.


Did you know you  can follow these exciting adventures by email or RSS feed? Click ‘follow’ or submit your email on the right of your screen. Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!