02 August 2013

count your blessings

They say that a newborn can see only as far as the boob to the face. I was never really sure as Ada was always going too hard out to open her eyes and gaze at her Mama. That plus she fell asleep there all day long, what with it being summer and all. Olive looks up at me while feeding, it is lovely! 
hi baby!

Now that I have a newborn that knows no routine, who wakes in the night more than once, sometimes staying awake for hours I can enjoy the complaining camaraderie with all the mothers. The universal bond of motherhood is made that little bit stronger. So, ah, Ada woke once in the night from day 3! I napped when she napped, twice a day often during those first few weeks. I really only got very sleepy/tired with Ada from 12 weeks or so. But now! I am in sleep deprivation mode, already too overtired and over wrought to nap well. I get it folks. So to all you naysayers and cynics who said my second baby would be different, ah, she is.

Olive is a bit huge, here are her legs poking out her newborn jumpsuit. Next size time! I am getting a work out for my forearms and shoulders. The best way to calm Olive is a flying up and down rock, held in two hands, head and bum in each hand, out in front of your chest. Feel the burn.

Last time I had so much pain in the first weeks, I felt like I literally sat still for 3 weeks post Ada's birth. The pain kept up for ages sadly! Whereas this time Olive and I have burping/I love Mommy best/sleeping upright is da bomb dance parties, all the time! Woo! Swinging away the baby weight.

Olive knows her Mama, it's sweet how much she is calmed just by being passed to me.

Ada's hair is a joy to many a stranger. We get comments on it everywhere apart from Mangere PakNSave, those haters. It is quite long now and reaches to her shoulder blades when wet. The other night in the bath Cam got out her knots just by wetting the bottom and Ada had an amazing curly on top mullet. I should have photographed!

My final blessing to count is that Ada likes the cafe. Small outing, much relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!