02 January 2014

resolutions

I've got 5 resolutions and I am going to work on them one at a time starting from the easiest to the most difficult. Working on 5 at once? Burn out! 

1. Wipe the table and the bench after each meal. Can you believe we don't do this already? How easy is this one? So far I'm on it. Yuss! 18 more days to make a habit. 

2. Time out with Cameron twice a month. So, so important. I take a bit of time to unwind at the moment and so the snatches of time Cam and I spend together don't always add up to me feelings as connected as I like. I am looking forward to making this happen. I am also prepared to bank dates and catch up dates so I can keep this reso. Who wants to babysit? 

3. Less white carbs, we will try to eat them just once a week. More whole foods in general but I like to measure my goals so will try and settle on once or twice a week. I really love when Ada, Cam and I eat together so pasta and rice are her faves so twice a week may be more realistic but we can test this one out. 

4. Exercise twice a week. So do you love that I said twice not thrice. I am all about achievable goals. This is number 4 because it will be so very tricky to keep. Does exercise more not turn up on every goal list ever written? This two times pregnant bod is in dire need of a work out. D. I. R. E. So when will I exercise? I am wondering about early in the morning this summer with Olive in the front pack. Something to try this week any how!

5. Try a new hobby. Sheesh I don't even know what?! Something musical? Something creative? I need something other than coffee appraisal. Ha, you think? This motherhood biz takes up a lot of time and head space and it is time to take some back! 

Are you a resolutions type of person? Do you have a plan to make something happen this year? Last year I was out of the game, I was ready to take it as easy as possible, being pregnant with a one year old I resolved to survive. The year before that it was something like 'be a mom'. Hehe. Tick. 

Here we go 2014! Game on! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!