03 July 2014

3 meals from one roast

Hello! When I have the oven on I get a little excited and cook as much as possible.

This is how I get three meals from "one roast".

1. I cook a tray of pumpkin for soup. I chop it into peices and drizzle a bit of olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and maybe rosemary. I keep this in the fridge until I am ready to make soup. Then I do the saute some garlic and onion thing, normally add fresh grated ginger/curry powder/cumin, some stock and then I add the chopped roasted pumpkin, after having quickly taken off the skin while the onion cooks.



2. I cook a tray of vege with the above preparation, but in smaller pices, a couple of bites big say. Kumara, beetroot, carrot, onion, maybe a capsicum. Once that is all roasty and good it can wait in the fridge to then become a lentil and roast vege salad that just needs a tin of lentils and a dressing. Or the vege could be added to a self crusting quiche recipe, but that does require cooking.

3. Lastly (or firstly) I cook that nights dinner - some of those roast vege and potatoes and a chicken. If you would be generous and then count chicken sammies as a meal, that's FOUR meals from one roast. I mean, why wouldn't you? This is what I mean when I say I only cook three times a week.

Do you have any time saving cooking tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!