09 July 2013

day 2 and a blog plan

There is most definitely a lot going on right now! At home I would have no time for blogging. But I decided to post a picture or thought a day this year to commemorate our new girl Olive and her big sister Ada. I wrote down Ada's achievements and memories one for each day in a journal last year, it is so fun to read. I remember someone saying I wouldn't do that for number two. If you've been reading you know that my fairness nerve has been triggered on behalf of li'l Olive as we were rather smitten with Ada and can you gush so much over two babies?! 

So here is day two. I'm at Middlemore, fine but sleep deprived. The room I had to myself since early yesterday has a new patient with a very noisy two year old visiting right now!! Olive is asleep under uv lights to help her get rid of jaundice. She is due for a heel prick blood test (boo hoo, its as horrid as it sounds) ASAP to see if the lights have worked and she is well enough to go home. Waiting and hospitals. Peas and carrots. It was surreal the panic over her bilirubin levels last night and a bit much for both of us as the nurses tried to settle her in her cot with just a nappy on. Olive has a great startle reflex! No settling in there, instead many, many tears trying. Now she's sunbathing and holding hands and we are very happy!!

See? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!