11 July 2013

Olive is 2 days old!

This morning Olive and I have awoken to a brighter day! Since posting yesterday morning, when I thought I may be off home that day, we saw the neonatologist who definitely wanted us to stay. The night before hadn't given me a clear picture of how much bilirubin Olive had in her, her second test in at 3am she didn't really cry for, her levels had risen since her test at 11pm. The doctor wanted to send us downstairs to NICU but we were still waiting on her new levels. I quickly asked a few people to pray. NICU wasn't my first choice for Olive. Her third test wasn't completed until 12pm Wednesday, it showed that she was getting better but still had more bilirubin to drain away.

Seeing her wee personality come out as the bilirubin left her body was great. 36 hours ago all I thought was that she wasn't a very hungry baby and that she found it easy to sleep. She has been alert the whole way through but as she becomes super alert and interested in everything Olive seems like she will be a fun baby. 

Olive is now 2.5 days old officially by number of hours. Seems strange as she was born Tuesday first thing in the morning and is already Thursday afternoon. This mornings test shows that Olive is pretty much well! Wahoo! We are in hospital again tonight as a precaution against the jaundice rebounding at home and the ward seems so quiet. I'm really, really looking forward to going home tomorrow!!!

Sleepy Olive. Curious Ada. 

Alert Olive circa 3am Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!