02 July 2013

there goes my EDD

I am ready! Finally. Today was my due date and I have a happy dancing baby content in the womb for now.  

Baby has a bed all made up next to mine and a special space that is just for her waiting in our office. I have a bag packed for the hospital and have been thinking about what I have to do once I get there! Never getting to the crazy urge to push stage last time means I'm nervous about labour this time. But not too nervous. I'm tired of being pregnant and more keen on getting to know our wee newborn than I am to conserve energy by bossing Cam about with the vacuum cleaner!

We sort of have a name. It isn't the same sense we had last time, how we KNEW Ada's name from the first time we discussed it. Hopefully that sure sense will be present after she is born. It is a great thing to love the name you give your baby. I find it frustrating how baby number one gets so much energy and excitement and anticipation and preparation and baby number two gets a bit of a shadow of all that. But that just is what it is and baby number two gets a sibling from day one and possibly more relaxed, assured, knowledgeable parents. Possibly. 

Im not quite at the impatient stage but  definitely more uncomfortable each day and night. I'll start on the old wives tales and home remedies to get labour started soon I'm sure. Ideas anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!